Today, January 14th 2019 is the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of She Laughs!! I am beyond excited for this milestone, and in the next few weeks I will be sharing so much content all about what this year and this blog have done for me! Today, I thought I would share a new article in what I call the “Blogging 101” series here on She Laughs, and today I really want to tackle MOTIVATION and what it means to stay motivated, whether with social media, a blog, or really anything!
The past few weeks I have had so many ideas for blog posts and other content, and while all the excitement for new projects is great, I have had the worst writers block – like it is so bad I’ll stare at my computer for hours hoping the words come to me and when they do I scrap the whole post. It’s bad, but that’s ok. With the anniversary of my blog, I spent some time reflecting and I realized that motivation plays a major role in not only creating, but also continuing a blog or personal brand. Also around this time I received many messages with questions about starting or growing a blog and since you all are a major part of my own motivation, I thought I would answer some of these questions with my tips for staying motivated below!
- Remember why you started. One thing I will be working on in 2019 is “returning to my roots” and creating more of the content I set out to produce when I first started. While I love everything I do, sometimes I get in a pattern of only creating the content I think others want, like just fashion outfits or beauty tutorials, rather than just being myself and posting a healthy balance of what interests me (hint: there’s some unusual stuff coming up!!). Now this doesn’t mean I don’t love what I post, it just means I want to create a variety of content that reflects me well and is in line with what I set out to do a year ago.
- Along the same lines as the topic above, make sure you start your brand or whatever you are doing for the right reasons. I definitely would not have made it this far if I was looking for free stuff, so make sure you really know why you do what you do, and that your motivations are in the right place.
- Fans. Every blogger/influencer has fans, even if they don’t think they do. No matter the size of your influence, there will always be people who look up to you or admire your creativity. There are also people who notice when you do not post as consistently, and they miss you when that happens. So if you struggle to feel seen in this world of blogging and influencing, remember that there are people out there who care, and the more you work and grow, the more connections you will find! Shoutout to everyone who has sent me a sweet message about how much they enjoy what I do, it always brightens my day and anytime I feel down or unmotivated, I think of you ❤
- Speaking of connections, another reason why I love what I do, is it is a great way to connect with all sorts of people, and especially other bloggers!
- If you don’t feel motivated to write content that fits your niche or what you usually share online, find a new topic that interests you or write about something you’ve wanted to share even if it is unusual for your “brand.” I find that a lot of my more personal content, though it appears more rarely, is often the most popular, and you never know what attracts your audience best if you do not try!
- Remember all you have accomplished so far and how far you have come. Whenever I feel defeated or I sense a lack of creativity, I remember all the milestones and opportunities I have already completed, and then I feel like I can take on the world!
- If you really feel stumped (again with blogging or anything else) make a plan!! You all know how much I love to organize EVERYTHING in my life, so when I feel overwhelmed with the work I need to accomplish, I make a plan of what needs to get done when, and this helps me stay on track and not worry if I need time to be creative!
- Lastly, if you ever need a break from creating, that is absolutely ok. I would always rather release my best work with timing that works for me than scramble to create something that does not make me proud. If you need time to be the creator you want to be, take that time and see what amazing things you can do with it!
Thank you all for reading!! I hope this article inspired you to stay motivated in what you do, and if you would like to shop my outfit featured in this post, feel free to click here!